The Hartog Compact Luzerne is a valuable supplement to the feeding of poultry. The Compact Luzerne bales are made of a high quality dehydrated luzerne / alfalfa.
The Hartog Compact Luzerne for poultry is a compact bale of 20 kg. The bale is held together by 4 plastic straps, therefore the bales stay compact for longer and the poultry spills less lucerne or alfalfa. The bales are packed in a plastic film, but it's also possible with a private label.
- Compact Luzerne bales keep the hens busy and help to prevent boredom
- Compact Luzerne bales stimulate the natural pecking, give a larger feeling of satisfaction and therefore less aggresiveness
- Compact Luzerne contributes to a high nutritional value
Our Lucerne is heated by a gas fired process (the only one in the Netherlands). During this heating process there aren't arising dioxins, PCBs or heavy metals in the alfalfa. By heating it to high temperatures, the alfalfa is free from moulds, moisture and bacteria such as Salmonella.
To produce Hartog Compact Luzerne we use 100% lucerne produced by growers that we monitor. The product is therefore free of weeds etc.
- Put at least two bales of Compact Luzerne in each compartment
- Spread the bales as much as possible so all hens can eat the lucerne
- Place the Compact Luzerne in the evening to prevent stress in a restless couple
- Allow the strips to remain on the product for slow feeding of the lucerne
- Use a rack or hay net and avoid wasting the product
- Start by feeding Compact Lucerne in the first weeks of life
With a size of 50 x 30 x 30 cm per bale, only little storage space is required. The bale with a weight of 20 kg can be easily distributed to the different compartments of the stable.
Analysis is based on 1 kilogram This is a natural product, so the values shown may vary.
|Crude protein||16.80 %|
|Crude fiber||37.50 %|
|Crude ash|| |
|Dry matter||90.00 %|