Process description Grasdrogeij Hartog
Hartog's roughage is produced using controlled cultivation, all according to GMP + guidelines. Through the controls, the roughage is free from weeds, such as Jacobaea vulgaris. After the cultivation, the lazzer or the grass follows a production process through the grass drying farm.
Gas-fired drying process
Grasdrogerij Hartog stands for quality: A controlled cultivation of Lucerne, a gas-fired 400 degree heating process and its own transport. The result is very clean combustion and a safe and clean end product with higher energy and nutritional value.
The foreign dryers as well as the other Dutch dryers heat the air with which the luzerne is dried, with coal or Bio-mass. During this combustion process, CO2 emissions are not only higher than gas-fired installations, and more heavy metals are also released with coal.
Advantages of artificial drying with a gas fired installation:
- Constant quality, it does not depend on weather influences
- The productivity of the country is getting higher
- No conservation and feed losses occur
- A higher feed value because no preservation losses occur
- Drying with gas-fired installation creates a cleaner product
- No germs present (para-tbc)
- It contains protein that is more stable
- Less work has to be done (less fieldwork)
- Through the computer-controlled drying process, digestibility, color, smell and taste are optimally preserved
- Using artificially dried grass or Luzerne can save you on concentrates
- Free from diseases like salmonella, fungi and / or other bacteria
- The average amount of dry matter is 90% in the artificially dried grass / luzern.
Read the extensive process description of our grass dryers:
- Harvesting grass and luzerne
- Drying process grass and lucerne
- Hartog Production of concentrate feed and roughage
Dehydration for farmers
This process dries grass or lucerne by farmers by deyhydrating the crop, then they get their own grass or lucerne back in the shape of a brok or bale.